Associate Lecturer in Architecture, OBU, Design Tutor for Unit D, 2nd/3rd years
Director at Barton Willmore
University of Oxford - Said Business School, MAP, Management and Leadership
Oxford Brookes University, PG Cert, Urban Design
London South Bank University, Part 3, RIBA Professional Practice
University of Cape Town, B Arch, Architecture
University of Cape Town, BAS, Architectural Studies
Peter is a Director at Barton Willmore. Peter graduated from the University of Cape Town with a Bachelor of Architecture and a Bachelor of Architectural Studies degrees (with distinction) and completed his professional registration exams at Southbank University, London. He has worked at several architectural practices including Michael Hopkins and Partners and BGS Architects, and as an urban designer at the urban design specialist practice Studio|REAL.
Peter’s work is underpinned by a passion for environmentally and socially responsive design, and he is a founding member of Architecture Sans Frontiéres – UK. Peter has a wide range of experience working from individual new build and renovation projects through to large scale masterplanning and regeneration projects. He has also worked for a range of clients in the commercial, residential, civic and education sectors.
Architecture, architecture and culture, urban design, international development and architecture, conceptual analysis and creative thinking.
Architecture, urban design, international development and architecture.
Examples of recent projects:
Masterplanning and Urban Design
- Moat Lane Town Centre Regeneration, Towcester – South Northants District Council and West Northants Development Corporation
- Littleport Masterplan, East Cambridgeshire – Vision and Strategic Development Framework - East Cambs District Council
- Thetford Vision - Town Centre analysis and identification of new development opportunities as part of the Prospectus and Delivery Report - for Moving Thetford Forward on behalf of Breckland Council, Norfolk
- Newhall Phase II Masterplan – Newhall Projects Ltd
- Gainsborough Southern Neighbourhood Extension – Thonock and Somerby Estates
Residential and Mixed-use
- The Albany, Deptford, London – MOAT Housing Group
- Centenary House, Norwich - Spaceworks
Commercial / Workplace Design
- Gibbs Building, Euston Road, London – Wellcome Trust
- Q Block, Student Housing, Oxford – Wolfson College
- Goswell Road Student Housing, London - Investream
- Old Indian Institute - Refurbishment of grade II listed Building for the University of Oxford / Oxford Martin School
- The Grand Hotel, Birmingham – Horton’s Estate Ltd
- Eynsham Hall Hotel, Eynsham – Cathedral Group
- Greek Street, London - Soho Estates Ltd
- Co-authored: Unit D: engaging students in architecture, politics and space
- Co-edited: Unit D: 13-14