Relevant Professional Activities
- Associate Lecturer, Department of Architecture at Oxford Brookes University. Running a joint studio along with Yara Sharif for Part 2 Students of Architecture.
- Consultant for Riwaq: centre for Architectural Conservation, Palestine. Working on the regeneration and protection plans of 50 historic centres.
- Academic consultant for an entire brand new university in Karachi in Pakistan called the Nazeer Hussain University.
- Design-led research on the 'Role of Technology and Cultural Identity on Sustainability'.
- Design module leader at University of Westminster for Masters in Architecture, Cultural Identity and Globalization. MACIG.
- Founder and senior partner of Golzari-NGArchitects (NGA), London. Working on a number of urban regeneration strategies and design projects nationally and internally with design-based research as a key working methodology to create culturally sensitive and sustainable urban development.
- Co founder of Palestine Regeneration Team PART – a design led research group
- Member of Climate Change Research group
- External examiner Girne American University, Cyprus
Fraser, M & Golzari, N. (2014) Architecture and Globalization in the Persian Gulf Region. Ashgate Publishing. London. (co editor)
Golzari, N., & Sharif, Y. (2011). “Reclaiming space and identity: heritage-led regeneration in Palestine”. The Journal of Architecture. Vol.16 (1), pp.121-144.
2005 - ‘London Post colonial Hyper Modern city’ Sharjeh Urban Planning Symposium
2003 - Investigations on vertical Gardens, green roofs and natural cooling system for a prototype Green Office - In association with Pierre d’Avoine Architects and London Metropolitan University.
2002 - Research on energy efficiency methods, courtyard climatic house with solar chimneys- in association with Pierre d’Avoine Architects, Universities of Oxford Brookes and London Metropolitan University as energy consultant. Sponsored by Iranian Fuel Conservation organisation.