BA Hons Architecture (RIBA Part I)
DipArch (Distinction) (RIBA Part II)
Title and Role:
Associate Lecturer - Undergraduate Design Unit-B - Co-Tutor
I have tutored at Oxford Brookes since 2008 in both undergraduate design Unit-B and Unit-H. In addition to developing the reputations of the units, during that time I have developed a great relationship with TRADA, winning sponsorship for three consecutive years to construct a demountable timber pavilion at Ecobuild. This we use to inform part of our Unit design ethos, of adaptability in construction and a natural expression of material in Architecture.
I have worked locally in a small Architectural team of a leading mutidisciplinary construction consultancy since 2008 (4.5 years). Here, I am BIM Stragegy Lead for the practice and am responsible for guiding the implementation of software and working processes and standards, chairing the BIM Steering group and delivering internal and external seminars.
Since joining, I have also been the 3D Visualisation specialist in the practice, managing hardware and software resources for the Architectural team and curating all high-end presentation output, delivering competition-winning presentations for all project types, from education to motorsport masterplanning.
I am currently undertaking my Part III professional exam at Oxford brookes University.
Teaching Interest :
- Creative brief development and interpretation
- Expression of material and embodiment of meaning through construction
- Demountable and adaptable design and construction
- Transfer of intuitive design and building processes to digital design tools and software
- Application of digital manufacturing and material processing techniques
- 3D Rendering and visualisation as a design tool
Research Interest and Consultancy Expertise:
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) software platforms
- 3D Rendering and visualisation software and techniques
- The evolution of Architectural practice around the emergence of BIM
- Integration of BIM into creative design practices
- The role of high technology in future design processes
Examples of Recent Projects :
- Ecobuild TRADA Pavilion 2011 - 2013
- Unit-H Design Projects 2010-2012
- Unit-B Design Projects 2013
Publication and recent Conference Papers :
- RIBA South Student Prize Winner 2008
- Nomination for RIBA Presidents Medals - Silver Medal Entry 2008
- Exhibition in National Gallery of Albania 2008
- TRADA Publicity for Ecobuild Pavilions 2011-13 - AJ & BD Magazine, Ecobuild newsletter.