ADVISORY ROLES OF PROFESSOR RAJAT GUPTA
- 2012 - present: Member of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) peer review college
- 2012 - present: Expert member of Zero Carbon Hub’s Task Group for Closing the Performance Gap
- 2012 - present: Expert advisor on Good Homes Alliance’s project on Preventing Overheating in UK homes
- 2011 - 2014: Strategic advisor and evaluator for Technology Strategy Board’s £8m Building Performance Evaluation programme
- 2012 - present: Technical assessor for a range of programmes sponsored by UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board
- 2012 - 2013: Member of the Advisory Board for Institute for Sustainability’s Facilitated Learning and Sharing+ (FLASH+) programme
- 2012 - 2013: Member of the Measuring, Monitoring and Reporting Group for the Low Carbon Oxford initiative, a pioneering city-wide programme of collaboration between private, public and non-profit organisations with the aim of ensuring Oxford's future as a sustainable and low carbon city.
- 2012: Advisor on the Low Carbon Hub’s People’s Power Station, a Department of Energy and Climate Change funded project seeking to create a web tool for capturing data on energy generated by micro-renewables in Oxford.
- 2011: Expert advisor to UNFCCC’s small-scale methodology group in Cologne for developing a CDM methodology for calculating energy efficiency savings in buildings.
- 2010 - present: Expert technical advisor for the United Nations Environment Programme-Sustainable Buildings and Climate Initiative (UNEP-SBCI) on the Energy and Greenhouse gas Technical Advisory committee and the Global Common Carbon Metric project.
- 2010 - present: Steering group member of the RIBA/CIBSE Carbonbuzz initiative seeking to close the gap between designed and actual performance.
- 2010 - 2013: UKERC - Co-supervisor of a doctoral research student (Marina Tapouzi) at UK Energy Research Centre, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford. The title of the doctotal study is 'Occupants’ interaction with low-carbon retrofitted homes and its impact on energy use'.
- 2010 - 2012: Expert member of the Zero Carbon Hub (ZCH) Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality (VIAQ) Task Group.
2009 - present, Invited member of the Climate and Development Research Centre at Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford.
- 2009 - 10: Steering Group member of British Standards Institution's (BSIs) PAS 2060 - Publically Available Specification for the demonstration of Carbon Neutrality.
- 2008 - present: Committee member of BSI’s SEM/001 Energy Management and SEM/001/02 Energy Efficiency Saving Calculations and Benchmarking.
- 2008 - 2009: Invited member of the London 2012 Carbon Management Strategy Technical Advisory Group which provides independent guidance to LOCOG, ODA, LDA and any other organisations involved in the commissioning and delivery of a Carbon Management Strategy (CMS) for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.